Chipping Campden - Links
(Gloucestershire, England) including Broad Campden
The Church of St James, Chipping Campden taken by A. F. Kersting, from the book A History of Chipping Campden by Christopher Whitfield - published 1958
Links to people researching families in CHIPPING CAMPDEN and surrounds
Note: let me know of change of email address, please give your "snail" address incase you stop using the internet - it does happen
If you have ANY interests in SURNAMES in this Parish PLEASE contact me, so that you will be added to this list
SURNAMES LISTED BELOW:
ADAMS, ALLEN, ASTON, BACHELOR, BACON, BADHAM, BALLARD, BARTHOLOMEW, BATCHELOR, BAYLIS, BE(A)VINGTON, BECKETT, BEECHEY, BENFIELD, BENNETT, BIGGERSTAFF, BLACKWELL, BLAKE, BLAKEMAN, BOOKER, BRICKNELL, BROMFIELD, BROTHERIDGE, BUNTIN, BUTTLAR, CALLOWAY, CAMBDEN, CARTER, CHERRY, CLAYTON, COLDICOTT, COLDICUTT / COTT, COOK, COOPER, COTTERELL, CURTIS, DARBY, DRURY, DUTTON, DYER, EALY, EASTBURY, EDEN / EDDEN, ELLIS, FEREBY/FFERBIE, FIGGITT/FIGGETT, FISHER, FORTY, FRANKLIN, GAZEY, GIBBS, GILL, GILLETT, GLADWIN, GREEN, GREENALL, GREVEL, GRIMES, GRIMET, GROVE, HAINES, HANCOCK, HANDS, HANNES, HEDGES, HARRIS, HARRISON, HARTSTHORN, HARTSHORN, HARTWELL, HATHAWAY, HAWARDEN, HEDGES, HERBERT, HEVINS, HEYDON, HICKMAN, HICKS, HIGGINS, HIRON, HIRONS, HITCHCOX, HOLTHAM / HOLTOM. HOME, HORLICK, HOWELL, HOWL, HOWSE, HUGHES, HULL/HULLS, HYATT, IVINS, IZOD, JAMES, JARVIS, JINKS, JOHNS, KEEN, KEITLEY, KEYT(E), KINCHIN, KITE, KNIGHT, KYTE, LANCHBURY, LANE, LEA, LEE, LEWIS, LOVETT, MANTON, MERRIMAN, MOSLEY, MUSTY, NEAL, NEALE, NIND, PARKES, PERRIN, PERRY, PESTERIDGE, PHILPOTT, PLEYDON (and variations), PLESTED, RAVEN, REASON, ROBERTS, ROUSE, SCOTT, SERMON, SHADBOLT, SIMMONDS, SIMMONS, SMITH, SMYTH, SOUTER, SOUTHAM, STANBROOK, STANLEY, SURMAN, TAPLIN, TAWNEY, TAYLOR, TERRY, TIDMARSH, TOMES, TRACEY/TRACY, WARNER, WATTS, WAYNE, WEBB, WHEATCROFT, WIDDOWS, WILSON, WITHERS, VEAL, VEALE
- Mark Merrim Researching the MERRIMAN family.
- Robert Merriman, Researching the MERRIMAN family name 1600-1900. 25 Hewitt Crt. NE. Medicine Hat. Alberta, Canada T1C 1N8 .
- Loraine McKenzie, Researching the McKENZIE or MacKENZIE, PICKERING, FIGGURES, KNOWLES, CAMBRIDGE, OLNEY, FOLKES or FOULKES families. Dennis Pickering married Eliza Smith at Chipping Campden, on the 25th December, 1845. Her parents Richard and Sarah Smith were living in Campden during the 1841 & 1851 Census.
- Brenda Jenkins, Researching the FISHER family pre 1800, Broad Campden. - Glan y Mor, Maudlam, Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, CF33 4PR, Wales
- Mrs. D. Petchey, Researching the EDEN/EDDEN family pre 1800. - 16 Finchcroft Lane, Prestbury, Cheltenham, GL52 5BG, England
- Miss J. Ryder, Researching the HULL/HULLS family 1699-1900. - 23 Green Acres, Ludlow, SY5 1LU, England
- Mr. J. E. Musto, Researching the JAMES family 1750-1850 and the MUSTY family. - 280 Nightingale Vale, Woolwich, London, SE18 4HN, England
- F. Richard Cotterell, Researching the COTTERELL family 1700-. -
49 Kennedy Circle, South Easton, MA 02375 USA
- Trevor Figgitt, Researching the FIGGITT/FIGGETT
- Tony Combdon, Researching the CAMBDEN family 1760-1835. -
275 Hillcrest Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M2N 3P5, Canada
- Simon Neal, Researching the NEAL family 1700-1850. -
1 Thrush Close, Booker, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 4RJ, England
- Janet Byard-Jones, Researching the JAMES, HARRIS & GIBBS families.
- jb004a8588 @blueyonder.co.uk
76 Meriden Avenue, Wollaston, Stourbridge, West Midlands
DY8 4Qs, England.
- David Philpott, Researching the PHILPOTT family.
- Lesley & Harry Aspley Researching the family of TOM(B)S at Blockley. And the GILLETT and HARTWELL families Moreton-in-Marsh and Chipping Campden.
- Bob New, Researching the EDEN family pre1800 139 Cubbington Road, Leamington Spa, Warks CV32 7AP England.
- Patrick Plested, Researching the PLESTED family All years, 409-73 Widdicombe Hill Blvd, TORONTO, Ontario, Canada M9R4B3.
- Rita Cothier, Researching the HYATT family. All Dates
- Vincent E. Summers, Researching the KEYT(E) and PERRIN families. In particular Thomas KEYT and grissegon PERRIN married October 8, 1629 in Chipping Campden. Grissegon d/o John PERRIN, Thomas son of Thomas KEYT and Frances SMITH
- F. M. McGuiness, Researching the PLESTED. family 18-19c. 24 Belmont Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1RE England
- Jeremy Shadbolt, Researching the SHADBOLT, VEAL/VEALE and HATHAWAY families all dates.
14 Sheendale Road, Richmond TW9 2JJ
- Martina Louw, Researching COOPER family, in particular Mary COOPER, born in Chipping Campden, around 1745-1755 .
- Charles Wilson, Researching WILSON family, 18-19c, in particular Ernest Henry "Chinese" WILSON born Chipping Campden 1876- the son of Henry Wilson and his wife Annie maiden name CURTIS.
3 Horns Drove, Rownhams, southampton SO16 8AH England
- Chris Hutton, Researching the RAVEN Family all dates, and in particular 1718 Christiana RAVEN
- David Keyt, Researching the KEYT Family all years.
- William J. Peydon, Researching the PLEYDON Family all years.
Sharon Strange, I am descended from Henry HICKS the Vicar who died 1709, and his wife Mary BARTHOLOMEW. 1 Longfield Drive, West Parley, Ferndown, Dorset, BH22 8TY
Sarah Minney, Researching the GAZEY Family
Anne Kilgour, My maternal grandmother was Ann(ie) TOMES - daughter of Albert John TOMES 1848 and Alice BEAVINGTON 1854 - of Broad Campden.
20 Ravenwood Drive, Forrest Hill, Auckland 1309, NZ
Jenny Eagle, I am researching my family name of MUSTY and it's variants MUSTO/OW/OE/OO.
Helen Keen Murray , My family lived in Campden. My father's name was Edgar KEEN, a sculptor in wood and stone. His father was John KEEN, a shoe maker and pub keeper (The Live And Let Live ). Do you have anything on this family?
June Johnson, researching the BADHAM & BOOKER families 1800+.
28 Cherry Tree Close, Brinsley, Notts NG16 5BA, England
Joanna Blatchley, I am trying to find out about a Henry WEBB born c. 1825 in Chipping Campden. By 1881 he was living in Hornsey, London, married to Anne ? and was a builder employing 4 men. Does this sound familiar to anyone? In an obituary of my great grandfather, Walter Hone Stevens in 1933, it said that Henry was his uncle and I am trying to establish a connection.
Janet Davis, researching the COOK family All dates.
63 Quorn Gardens, Leigh on Sea, Essex SS90 2TA, England
May Lanchbury, Researching the LANCHBURY family all dates.
5 Kildare Place, Beldon 6027, W.Australia
ListMum for LANCHBURY-L@rootsweb.com
Ian Stanley, I am descended from Anthony STANLEY who had children in the town in the 1630s & 1640s leaving many descendants there until the present day. This has lead me on to pursue a one-name study of the name of Stanley in this and adjacent parishes. I would be interested to hear from anyone with the name STANLEY in their ancestry.
Roy Hedges, tracing my G. Grandfather William HEDGES, he left Hannington in Wiltshire in about 1856, married a Emma JAMES of Alcester Warwickshire in 1857 and getting to Chipping Campden around 1865 and as yet I cannot find a final resting-place for him. Also all connected HEDGES information.
Yvonne Griffin, researching the BATCHELOR / BACHELOR family all dates.
Lynne Williamson, my ancestor John FORTY of the Brass in the church had a daughter, according to some info I gave a donation for to the Vicar a few months back. Apparently, she married into the GREVEL family of Chipping Campden circa 1420+ who subsequently became part of the Earls of Warwick dynasty. Do you have any clues please.
Kim Connolly I am researching the EDEN family, in particular Kate EDEN (1860) born Shipston on Stour (Campden) mother Eliza GRIMES father William EDEN of Watery Lane, Chipping Campden and Victoria Street, Shipston in 1851. no other details yet know.
Karen Weston, researching the WEBB and BOOKER families from Blockley, Paxford and Chipping Campden areas. Particularly interested in Joseph WEBB who married Bessie BOOKER in Oct. 1909 and lived for many years in Paxford. Also interested in the BLAKE and STANBROOK families.
Bethan, researching the BIGGERSTAFF family All dates.
Bob Young, searching for JAMES 1788- in the Westington area of Chipping Campden especially Richard JAMES who had eight Children between 1788 - 1804. Also searching for any descendents of the JAMES family, known names are, BACON, BUNTIN, CURTIS, DYER, GIBBS, HEDGES, HOWELL / HOWL, IVINS, MANTON, SMITH and WITHERS. rosyoung @blueyonder.co.uk
Colin Hartwell, I have the HARTWELL family back to the 1600's.
Alan Johnson, researching the KEEN family of Chipping Campden and the Kingham, Oxfordshire KEEN Stonemasons.
Gerri Moore. Researching the HIRON family of Chipping Campden.
- Gordon Beavington, Transcriber of census reports of the Cotswolds of England researching the BE(A)VINGTON family.
- Judy Barradell-Smith, Researching William SMITH, butcher of Chipping Campden married 1774 to Ann BANBURY JONES. Also BANBURY and BARADELL name. SMITHS from 1730 - 1800
- Judy @barradellsmith.freeserve.co.uk
- A Izod, Researching the HANDS and HANNES families c1600. - 56 Redgrove Park, Cheltenham GL51 6QY, England.
- Sheila Jones, Researching the LOVETT family 18-19 centuries - 114 Church View Gardens, Kinver, Stourbridge DY7 6EF, England
- Mrs. C. Chamberlain, Researching the HUGHES and JAMES families. - 8 Wye Close, Lillington, Leamington Spa, CV32 7BY, England
- Mrs. G. Reid, Researching the TOMES family. - 37 Arundel Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 1DL, England
- Mrs. S. Johnson, Researching the SOUTHAM family 17th-18th century. - 100 Station Road, Burley in Wharfdale, Ilkley, LS29 7NS, England
- Mr. F. G. Hankins, Researching the HARTSHORN family 18th century. - 51 Elms Ave., Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 8EE, England
- Mr. P. W. Smith, Researching the IZOD family. - 43 Oak Way, Huntley, Gloucestershire, GL19 3SD, England
- Pamela Brogan, Researching the GRIMET family pre 1750, the HARRIS family pre 1750 and the HOWELL family pre 1750. - 3 Dingle Bungalows, Colesbourne, Gloucestershire, GL53 9NS, England
- Ann Allen, Researching the BENNETT family 18OO. - 56 Southfield Road, Gloucester,GL4 6UD, England
- Noel Welford, Researching the BLACKWELL family 1839-185. -
Fairview 2 RD, Timaru, New Zealand
- Sharon Kendall, Researching the FEREBY/FFERBIE family and connections to the Campden Gramar school
- Rowan Tanner, Researching the HORLICK family with special interest in the BRICKNELL family and the ANGEL INN.
25 The Poplars, Rectory Road,
West Bridgford, Nottingham UK
- J. Taplin, Researching the TAPLIN family All years. 24 Ladywood Road, Lane End, Dartford, Kent DA2 7LL England.
- Mr P & Mrs B Tracy Researching the TRACEY/TRACY, BLAKEMAN and JAMES families 1750-1850. 23 Bramley Orchard, Bushby Leics. LE7 9RU England.
- Geri R Gilbert, Researching the BENFIELD, HOOPER and CARTER families All years.
- Geoffrey Lane, Researching the LANE, GIBBS, HORNE, HANDS and SCOTT families All years. Lane 21 Lynwood Road Ealing London W5 1JQ
- Gale Jack, Researching the BAYLIS and JAMES families All years. 8u Elizabeth House, 30-32 Boulevard, Weston-Super-Mare, Nth Somerset, BS23 1NF. Tel (01934) 642300.
- Frances Bunyan, Researching the ALLEN, GREEN, HARRIS and JOHNS families All years.
Stanmore, Middlesex, England
- Paul R. Hughes, Researching the BROTHERIDGE family All years.
The Bungalow, The Bishop's Stortford High School, London Road Bishop's Stortford Herts CM23 3LU
- Shirley, Researching Eliza PESTERIDGE m Edward ADAMS c1841
Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Barbara Clements, Researching the DARBY Family
- Gillian Crowley, Researching the COLDICUTT/COTT and GLADWIN Families
- Susan Fleming, Researching my great-great-great grandparents Richard WEBB who married Frances HARRIS 11th February 1802. I believe Frances was the daughter of Andrew & Mary Harris who married in Chipping Campden on 7th October 1780. Richard & Frances had three children in Broad Campden Mary Ann, John & Ann. Later they moved to Bredon Worc.
- Christine Benoit, Researching the William BLAKE and Lucy Ann BIGGERSTAFF BLAKE family.
J F Webb, Researching the HARRIS & WEBB families Southwold, Sweethay Close, Staplehay, Taunton TA3 7HG, England
Rev G W & Mrs J B Crees, Researching the ASTON family The Hatch, New Road, Popes Hill, Westbury on Severn, Glos GL14 1JT, England
John Haines Dowse, I am trying to trace my grandmothers family - HAINES. I know they lived and worked in Chipping Campden and Cow Honeybourne. I want to try to trace the life and times around this period and what has become of the family to date, plus what was there status with respect to COURT PIECES. I visited the house August 2000 and was most impressed by it.
Michelle Rowe, I am researching the KEYTE family of Chipping Campden, John KEYTE (b1795 Chipping Campden - d1851 London). Son William Holmes KEYTE (1821 - 1870). Daughter Mary (1826 - 1898) married Samuel Franklin HIRON. Son Henry KEYTE (1829 - 1872). John descended from John KEYT(E) and Elizabeth HOLMES. KEYTE family tied with lots of Campden families - KEEN, IZOD, HOLMES, TAYLOR, SMITH, HITCHCOX, HIRON.
Happy to share what I have with any researchers.
Mr & MRS M. R. Steele, Researching JAMES 1700-, WIDDOWS 1700-1860, WITHERS 1700-1860. 211 Seymour Road, Gloucester GL1 5HR England
Anna Smith, I'm researching Thomas SMITH, Lord of the Manor from 1536 until his death in 1593. If anyone has any further information on the SMITH (or SMYTH) family of Chipping Campden, I would love to hear from them.
Alan Cook, researching the COOK family 1830-1840.
3573 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6R 2N3, Canada
Janet Booth, I am researching the HIRON family (my maiden name is HIRON) and have traced the family as far back as John Franklin HIRON living in Blockley in 1851 (the census of that year shows him there). John Franklin was my great great grandfather. I have discovered links to the FRANKLIN and HICKMAN families through family names. John Franklin's father was called Samuel and I have not discovered any more at present. John Franklin HIRON had amongst his children 2 sons, one Samuel and one Russell (my great grandfather). They were on the Chipping Campden census of 1861. Samuel married a Mary BOWYER at Marston Montgomery Derbyshire in 1873 and had a son Samuel. Russell married Mary's younger sister Catherine Sarah also at Marston Montgomery on 19th January 1880 in Marston Montgomery church. They had 3 children Henry Bowyer HICKMAN (my grandfather), Lilian and Ida. Russell and Samuel both appeared on the 1881 census at the Bowyer farm in Marston Montgomery and Russell and his wife Catherine were in the 1891 census together with Lilian and Ida but were now living at 18 Windmill Hill Lane, Derby.
Roger Keight, researching KEYT(E) / KYTE / KITE families of Ebrington, Chipping Campden, Blockley and Broadwell, pre 1750".
Colin Ellis. The ELLIS family of Chipping Campden. My great great grandfather (Robert ELLIS, son of Samuel) originated from Chipping Campden and were in the main farm labourers. Incidently my ELLIS family is NOT the same ELLIS family that came from Staffordhire in the nineteenth century. If I can be of help to anyone else attempting to trace my particular ELLIS family I would be more than pleased to help.
Maggie Batts, I should like to get back further on the TIDMARSH side of my family.Nathaneal TIDMARSH born 1712/13 m. Judith NIND. Both are buried in St James Churchyard Chipping Campden and that is where I meet a brick wall but I suspect his father was Isaac TIDMARSH. Mary TIDMARSH married a William IZOD and another Mary TIDMARSH married a William HANDS. From here on the plot thickens and so do I.
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England.
Graham Long, researching my direct line moved out in 1920 after about 100 years in the village OF Quinton I am interested in any NEAL ( or NEALE as one line became from about 1820.) Also WATTS who came in from Halford. HIGGINS from about 1800 onwards. SIMMONDS (or SIMMONS) who arrived about 1850 and a maternal cousin still lives there. SIMMONDS came from Oxhill, and am interested in any from about 1850. Prior to that from Alcester in Warwickshire from 1780. NEAL decended from Richard b 1758 and Elizabeth. I believe he came from Bretforton family there about 1760, interested to know of any Bretforton NEALs. I believe they came from Chipping Campden about 1710 to 1740 Interested in any descendents from there. I believe they connect back to Ebrington so am interested in any from there from 1625 or earlier. Any NEAL in that area that may tie in. WATTS family from Halford area 1760 onwards also HIGGINS from Halford.
Cholsey, Oxfordshire, England
Debbie Clarke. Researching the JAMES Family also Richard and Hannah JAMES Nee CARTER.
Julia Waller, researching the PHILLIPS family of Blockley and Moreton-in-Marsh. More recntly, I belive that I am related to the IZOD family of Chipping Campden.
Philip Blakeman researching the BLAKEMAN family all years.
|Diane Barnard, researching ancestors of Judith KEEN who was b. in Chipping Camden Glos. ca 1791, married Robert FARLEY and lived in Mickleton, 1851 - 71 at least
Vivien Meadows particularly interested in the MEADOWS family who were based in Longborough from about 1700, probally coming from Ireland before that. part of these Meadows were based in Blockley during the 1860s 70s. Also interest in the SLATTER family landlords of the Swan in Moreton-in-Marsh in the mid 1800's
Audrey Medlicott, Researching the HAWARDEN family 19th century. - Fox Leat, Marshmouth Lane, Bourton-on-theWater, GL54 2EE, England
Margaret Clarke, Researching the WITHERS family 17th-19th century. - 211 Seymour Road, Gloucester, GL3 2AY, England
Mrs. L. Phelpstead, Researching the BENNETT, JAMES & MERRIMAN families.
Alun Edwards, Researching the LEWIS family 1840-1875. - 44 Credition Close, Woodley, Reading, RG5 4DQ, England
P. Grace, Researching the HULL/HULLS family 1538-1850. - 23 Norton Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2PT, England
Mr. A. M. Clayton, Researching the CALLOWAY, CHERRY and CLAYTON families. - Teignmouth, Parkers Lane, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0DP, England
Mr. A. Faulkner, Researching the HARRIS and JOHNS families. - 114 Stroud Road, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 2JX, England
Heloyce Hamilton, Researching the KEYTE family. -
531 North 120 West, Lindon, Utah 84042 USA
David Howell, Researching the HOWELL family. Also: BENFIELD, ELLIS, FRANKLIN, HEVINS, HEYDON, LEE, LEA . . . many others!-
15 Strafford Gate, Potters Bar, Herts, EN6 1PW, England
Henry Drury, researching the DRURY family, originally from Weston Subedge (from c1560) and later Chipping Campden. Would be keen to exchange information with anyone else researching in this area, esp 19th century.
32, Camelot Close, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 7XP
John Taplin, researching the BAYLIS and BACON families Pre 1861, WAYNE Family 1700-early 1800 and TAPLIN Family at the Fleece pub Bretforton pre 1900..
Mrs H. S. Luckraft Researching the DARBY family All years. Also PARKES, HERBERT and TOMES. 17 Marlborough Avenue, Wellswood, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 1TT England.
Ann Sibole, I am interested in the family of Richard and Ann (BALDWIN) KEITLEY m 1805 in Chipping Campdon and children of this marriage. I think that Sarah Ann Keitley b 1809 is my gggrandmother.
S. Caine, researching the HITCHMAN and GODSON Families.
Carolyn E. Johnson, researching the EALY, BUTTLAR, BROMFIELD Families.
11161 SE 77th Avenue, Milwaukie, OR, USA 97222
Judith Marsh, researching the ELLIS Family. All years.
Pat Baker, researching the KINCHIN and TERRY Families. Pre 1851 census.
Robert O'Connor, researching the DUTTON Family 1650-1800, SOUTHAM Family 1700-1750, HITCHCOX Family 1620-1750 AND DRURY Family 1650-1900 (also in Weston Subedge). 20a Idris Road, Fendalton, Christchurch, NZ
Adrian John Ballard of Bristol, UK
Ballard Family History Queries
"A COLLECTION OF BALLARD's" Web Site
WANTED, UK BALLARD'S ANY TIME ANY PLACE
Sarah Dixon, Researching the HANCOCK family, pre 1818.
16 Hastings Ave, Durham DH1 3QQ, Eng.
Doug Lusty, Researching the REASON and ROBERTS families, 1700.
Layton, Utah, USA
Dave Andrews, Researching the HOLTHAM/HOLTOM Family especially William.
3 St Davids Road, Thornbury, South Glos BS35 2JE, England
Gerry Nash, Researching the TRACEY and BELCHER families in Chipping Camden in the 1880s. I have been trying to trace the ancestry of my wife's grandparents - Alfred John TRACEY and Mary Ann May BELCHER. Alfred and Mary "finished up" in Birmingham after some time in Canada finally being laid to rest in Witton Cemetery in 1947 and 1955 respectively.
Georgina Nolan, Researching the PLESTED family.
7 Ludlow Close, Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham B37 7TU, England
John S Sermon, I have a particular interest in anyone with the surname SERMON, or SURMAN or variants. They lived mainly in and around Chipping Campden and Snowshill.
24 Monks Walk, Bridge Street, EVESHAM, Worcestershire WR11 4SL Eng.
Tony Tawney, Researching the TAWNEY family, all dates. All references appreciated.
Peter Clifford, Researching the HARRISON and PERRY families in the Chipping Campden area. Especially interested in William Harrison born around 1590, supposed dead 1660, actually dead around 1670
Kevin Bricknell, researching the BRICKNELL family before 1850 anywhere; last records in Chipping Campden in1860
Allan Taylor (site owner), Researching the TAYLOR and HIRON families in the Chipping Campden area.
Mike Walker, Researching the HIRONS family, in particular Eliza HIRONS.1810-1833 Also the BECKETT family
8 Bolton Meadow, Moss Side, Leyland, Lancs PR26 7AJ, England
Mrs I Haines, researching BENFIELD, 1750-1850 and SIMMONS 1800-1900
7 Grosvenor Crescent, Hillingdon, Middlesex UB10 9ER, England
Gordon Greenall, researching the GREENALL family 1870-1950.
4 Park Road, Chipping Campden, Glouc GL55 6EA, England
Colin Jarvis, researching ann CHAMBERLAIN / CHAMBERLIN
Also researching JARVIS
Gerald Southam, researching the SOUTHAM family tree. I can trace them back to Banbury in 1564 but would like to fill in a few holes and also verify the information that I have collected. The family spread out to Alderminster, Batsford, Blockley, Chipping Campden, Ebrington, Honington, Ilmington,
Moreton-in-Marsh and Quinton.
Mike Walker, researching the KNIGHT family. Ann KNIGHT, my g grandmother was born about 1831 in "Camden, Glos" as quoted & spelt in 1871 census at Evesham. Her father was Robert, a labourer. She married in 1865 at Worcester and then lived in Evesham until her death in 1878.
16 Beech Lea, Blunsdon, Swindon SN25 7DE England
Linda Hamlin, researching the BEECHEY, TAYLOR, JINKS, ROUSE, FRANKLIN, EASTBURY and WEBB Families Blockley, Chipping Campden and Bourton-on-the-Hill.
Tim S. Dupy, I am trying to make connections with William WARNER of Blockley, son of John WARNER, and Thomas MOSLEY as well as the PERRIN surname in Chipping Camden, I believe. My goal is to make the connection between the English KITE/KEYTE families and the American ones, though I believe James KITE and Mary WARNER, Quakers at Blockley in Phildaelphia County, Pennsylvania.
Chris J. White, I am able to trace my line back to the HARTWELL families of Chipping Camden and would be keen to communicate with any like minded persons.
Karen Martin researching the WHEATCROFT family any period & ROUSE family specifically late 1700s Blockley & Chipping Campden.
80 The Avenue, Gosport PO12 2JU.
Alan Clayton. Researching my great uncle, Joseph CLAYTON (b Clerkenwell 1868 – d Chipping Campden Gloucestershire 1943). Joseph was a journalist/author and was the owner of The Spectator 1906-7. He was also active in the Suffragette movement, wrote a number of books and edited The Labour Chronicles 1896 - 1898. I understand that he moved to Chipping Campden with his wife Margaret (nee SOUTER) in approx 1937. His obituary is recorded in The Times, Nov22, 1943. I would welcome any information about Joseph and his family (I do not know whether there were any children from the marriage). I am particularly searching for a photograph of Joseph as I’m unable to confirm his identity in the only family photograph I have of the marriage of his brother Rolf.
P O Box 359 Clifton Beach Q 4879 AUSTRALIA